What is Chiropractic?
Chiropractic is a discipline that diagnoses and treats conditions affecting the musculoskeletal system, not limited to the spine but also conditions affecting the upper and lower limbs.
What conditions can be treated by a Chiropractor?
Chiropractors are trained at university over the course of 5 years to treat a range of musculoskeletal conditions.
The most common complaints include:
- Low back / midback pain
- Neck pain
- Radiating leg and arm pain
- Hip pain
- Knee, ankle and foot pain
- Shoulder pain
- Elbow pain and wrist pain
- Jaw (TMJ) pain and clicking
- Joint pain and joint stiffness
- Muscular tightness, aching or pain
- Postural/work related repetitive strain
- Sports injuries (sprains, strains, tendonitis, bursitis, etc.)
What treatment techniques are used?
Techniques used include joint manipulation (diversified technique), joint mobilisation, traction, massage (trigger point therapy, gau sha), stretching, and sports taping.
Chiropractors utilise joint manipulation on the spine (and other joints) to restore correct alignment and function of joints and muscles. When performed by a chiropractor spinal manipulation is a safe method of treatment for many painful conditions.
To make an appointment or make an enquiry please call us on
(08) 6162 8458